Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by Jezza »

MagpieBat wrote:
Jezza wrote:It's back!! Let the laughing begin! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tanking Carlton posts!! :lol:
Oi! I'm workin' this side of the street, bud!

Nah, just joking. Good stuff, Jezza!

:lol:
I covered the live match discussion thread. You've taken care of the post-match discussion thread :lol:

It's a win win situation!! :twisted:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Jezza wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Jezza wrote:It's back!! Let the laughing begin! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tanking Carlton posts!! :lol:
Oi! I'm workin' this side of the street, bud!

Nah, just joking. Good stuff, Jezza!

I covered the live match discussion thread. You've taken care of the post-match discussion thread :lol:

It's a win win situation!! :twisted:
Yeah, I know. Good initiative!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

I won't be laughing until after we beat Port Adelaide. If we beat them.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

And more laughies...
Yes we did a lot wrong....but they are harder and smarter no doubt.
but walker's miss - to bring it back to 3 points was a major opportunity lost....kick the *&^% ball
Pretty much the same rubbish.

That gameplan and these players won't work consistently enough to make the top 6. No reward for effort.

If the time in forward half was the score we might do ok but its not. Need to score and this gameplan doesn't lend itself to scoring against smart, tough opposition.

That and we are carrying players. Casboult is being carried. Playing Boots and White were not really required. Carried. Lucas is neither here nor there. Garlett is off the boil. Betts not much better.

I don't think we have suitable replacements for these guys. As mentioned earlier in this thread we need more midfield depth.
Lucas -> should have been dropped weeks ago. Gets the ball but butchers it badly way too regularly.
Game was lost in the first quarter, too many taggers and we played dumb footy.
They had a crack but just not good enough, we are a middle of the ladder team.

Just one thing;
Melbourne's weather is better than Sydney;
There, i said it.
Feel sorry for Mick. This group of very average players (save for 4 or 5) are ruining his winning %. Rebuild must start NOW. We are deluding ourselves if we think this mob are going anywhere. No key fwds, no midfield depth, average rucks, below average skills.
But remember..... Trust malthouse
our midfield is not good enough

too many battlers who don't hurt you with their kicking
Surely sugar has had his run for now. time for others to get a run. in particular Laidler, Menzel and Graham
Same type of game: not good enough, because the list is not good enough; we fight back, then we fall away.

Our players have such average to poor foot and hand skills in the dry, so it then follows we would be atrocious in the wet.

Cull the list please MM and start again.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

jack_spain wrote:I won't be laughing until after we beat Port Adelaide. If we beat them.
**** off Jack. This thread is for lols, not your pessimistic bullshit.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

And a couple more...
didn't they beat Sydney in the wet with Ratts?
Oh, yes, you're absolutely right! And that was after the Swans had beaten you in a final!

OMG!!! MICK'S TAKEN CARLTON BACKWARDS! SACK HIM!

Its about getting the best out of the team you select, that's what a good coach can do. He's not doing that.
I'm not blaming Walkers miss (although the tv suffered a minor tremor) I'm blaming our reaction to it.

Mistakes happen all the time. Sydney kicked point after point after point but still they came.
Sigh.

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Warms the heart!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Frohickey

Post by Frohickey »

Cop that Grumpy
When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Betcha Ratts is secretly rapt to see this, after scumbag Kernahan knifed him for the old man. Scum fans are realising, going by some posts, that Madhouse is not the messiah, and maybe rats wasn't so bad at all. My tip is MM has one more season, if they fail next year, they will piss him off, so I don't really think he has time to rebuild this junkyard mob. Hope his doesn't burst a blood vessel coaching these twerps, cant be good for his health. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by neil »

Piesnchess wrote:Betcha Ratts is secretly rapt to see this, after scumbag Kernahan knifed him for the old man. Scum fans are realising, going by some posts, that Madhouse is not the messiah, and maybe rats wasn't so bad at all. My tip is MM has one more season, if they fail next year, they will piss him off, so I don't really think he has time to rebuild this junkyard mob. Hope his doesn't burst a blood vessel coaching these twerps, cant be good for his health. !
Hope they dont sack him
Some factional infighting in the administration will provide many lols

30 plus years of it will be enjoyable
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Piesnchess wrote:Betcha Ratts is secretly rapt to see this, after scumbag Kernahan knifed him for the old man. Scum fans are realising, going by some posts, that Madhouse is not the messiah, and maybe rats wasn't so bad at all. My tip is MM has one more season, if they fail next year, they will piss him off, so I don't really think he has time to rebuild this junkyard mob. Hope his doesn't burst a blood vessel coaching these twerps, cant be good for his health. !
Last year Ratts had to make the top 4 or bye bye. MM has the same list a better run with injury and the top 4 looks a long way away. Still if they make 8th and win 2 finals they can get to the prelim.
Remember Ratts saying this list should be looking at nothing less than top 4, basically no excuses MM.
Realistically MM is there to win them a flag in 3 years before Judd, Waite, Carazzo, Scotland etc. retire. Doubt that he will get an extended contract if he doesn't as I smell a rebuild coming and doubt that the scum will be as patient as we were.
The reality may well be dawning on the scum, their list is basically a middle of the ladder side and is unlikely to challenge for a flag under MM reign.
If only Judd didn't pick them for the money, they would still have Kennedy, probably would of got Hurley rather than Yarran ( assuming they would have finished lower than Essendon in the year Judd first played with them) and probably would still have Fev.

Now that side may well have been in premiership contention.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

I think you're a bit harsh on Malthouse. We gave him 10 years to win a flag at Collingwood. And I believe Buckley has 20! :P
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

jack_spain wrote:I think you're a bit harsh on Malthouse. We gave him 10 years to win a flag at Collingwood. And I believe Buckley has 20! :P
Actually it was 11 years.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

the continuation of this thread on friday night should make for enlightening reading.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

thebaldfacts wrote:
jack_spain wrote:I think you're a bit harsh on Malthouse. We gave him 10 years to win a flag at Collingwood. And I believe Buckley has 20! :P
Actually it was 11 years.
To be fair he was unlucky not to leave with three, but shit happens.

After all they went through to get Malthouse they can't sack him after two seasons, that's basically admitting that they made a horrible mistake and knifed Ratts for no reason. Mick is there for a minimum of 4 years, unless he himself decides to pull the plug