Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

ANNODAM wrote:^ LOL! Thanks...
Ah me too!

Thought they wer all gay

Not that there is anything wrong with that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^ Yeah, that's what I thought too...
Dainty, delicate etc., a nicer way to say they were all a bunch of gay men...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

Now, now petal. :lol:
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Big T »

Pies4shaw wrote:I saw only the last 90 seconds or so of the Blooz v Bumblers monstrosity. I have rarely seen so many inept efforts by so many players (on both teams) in ostensibly desperate circumstances. A 50 metre penalty and a deliberate out of bounds coughed up by the Bumblers when they should have been playing disciplined, focussed footy. As for the Blooz, Yarran's effort was pretty tame but the decision-making by the leper who kicked it to him when he was always going to be under the pump was nothing short of pathetic. The end of the Melbourne v GWS game had more panache.

So, in summing up, I'd have to say that 90 seconds was some of the most heart-warming football I've seen in a long time. Long may it continue from both these splendid teams. They each did their best to demonstrate to the rest of the world what they stand for - mediocrity.

Looking forward, I think we can quite reasonably anticipate that the Blooz may lose 5 or more of their next 7 (Hawthorn, Swans, Collingwood, the 'Aints - to whom they lost dismally earlier this year - at Etihad, North at Etihad, the Suns up north and Freo at Etihad). They certainly wouldn't want to get the Suns on a wet night up at Metricon in that next little run.

On another positive note, I see that Collingwood has inflicted the Blooz' biggest loss for the season so far. There's something reassuring in knowing that they're not good enough to win the important games but not quite bad enough for their fans to work out what is going to happen until close to full-time.
Agree, in general the whole game was very average at best. David parkin said on that performance both teams would miss the eight and that it was one of the worst games he has seen. Couldnt agree more re carlton.

Plus how many times is waite gunna kick 7. I though Murphys work in close was outstanding, but scotland is a soft head ducking wanker and is too old and slow for the modern game.

Essendon have a lot more up side, i tend to think if they dont get walloped by ASADA they will be top 4. Too much quality there.
Buon Giorno
piepower

Post by piepower »

Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:Under Ratten, it was top 4 or gonski.

The real question is can MM get 11 wins this year like Ratten last year and whether the Scum will give him 11 years to try win a flag?
I wish Buckley had gone to Carlton and then we could make a real comparison with MM. Mick has taken a useless team and is trying to give them some structure, Bucks has taken a premiership team and reduced it to an easybeat against the top sides.
:? :? Jack, not so, under Madhouse we could not beat the cats to save ourselves, lost 0-3, including his fcukup GF disaster, and a 96 point last round hiding. Under Bucks we have 3-0 against the Pussies, fact. Give Bucks one full season with a fully fit and best team we can put on the park, something he has never had, then I will judge him compared to the old man. :idea: :idea:

Spot on Mate.
Premiers 2010
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Are we ever over Bucks we have 3-0 against the Pussies fact?
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

MagpieBat wrote:And one more salvo before heading off...
just ate a whole pack of m&m's in about 3 minutes
Good times!
Hearing ya about the M&Ms bro, the f*ckers will break you every time!
piedys
Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by piedys »

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:Please post the 1979 Premiership Cup to the Westpac Centre and the 1995 Premiership Cup to AFL Headquarters.
Does anybody recall how long ago, and what year those premeirship cups were stolen from the Carlton Social Club [allegedly by Collingwood supporters], and found some days later lobbed upside-down in a mens toilet block urinal in the local park? Oh f*ck me, I laughed... :P
think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

piedys wrote:
The Starcevich Coterie wrote:Please post the 1979 Premiership Cup to the Westpac Centre and the 1995 Premiership Cup to AFL Headquarters.
Does anybody recall how long ago, and what year those premeirship cups were stolen from the Carlton Social Club [allegedly by Collingwood supporters], and found some days later lobbed upside-down in a mens toilet block urinal in the local park? Oh f*ck me, I laughed... :P

Something like 1994, I think it was!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

You're all missing the point. The Essendopers won because they got their shots at half-time and the benefit started kicking in during the latter part of the third quarter.

That's not the most ridiculous thing you will have heard either. :P
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

ANNODAM wrote:
piedys wrote:

Something like 1994, I think it was!
Lol.
Would av been tough to pinch the 95 cup, in 94!! Lol.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange