Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:Listening to the ABC.

The irony of Carlton supporters whinging about the Garlett non-goal decision.

"We should have won by a point..." etc etc

Please post the 1979 Premiership Cup to the Westpac Centre and the 1995 Premiership Cup to AFL Headquarters.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, heard some old girl ring up and whinge and moan, its beautiful to behold, aint it. ! I hear rumblings from a number of scum fans now on Madhouse, one said Hird made a move, a decisive mood, and the old fart never reacted, and he made no other moves of importance, Well, HELLO, scum fans, that's why we ditched him, he has no plan B, makes no moves of consequence, _ala an unfit Reid on Hawkins- and is frimly rooted in the past. One flag in 17 long years, that's the bottom line. Blues fans are even starting to hanker for Ratts to come back, looks like the old mans honeymoon period is well and truly over at Pricefixer park. As for Dons cheating, let us not forget the scum cheaters of 1995, biggest salary cap cheats ever, and they cheated to get the 79 Flag. ! :roll: :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Starcevich Coterie

Post by The Starcevich Coterie »

Yes, as much as I liked most of Mick's work when he was our coach, his great failing was a lack of flexibility during games - the 2011 Grand Final being the most damning example.

Carlton supporters found this out for themselves last night.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

More to the point, the Garlett non goal decision begs the real question. Why did Garlett stupidly play on in the goal square???
4everpies

Post by 4everpies »

Obviously hate both of these teams, but sooooo wanted the bummers to stitch up the scum.

Watching the game my friend said he wouldn't have cared if the bummers ran out onto the ground with syringes hanging out of their arms so long as they won. :lol: :lol:
Johnno75
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Johnno75 »

As much as I thoroughly enjoyed watching Carlton coughing up a 5 goal lead and losing (made my weekend all that much better), the better result for us would have been a Carlton win. Now bummers will still be a game ahead of us.

MM looks like he has aged about 10 years. Coaching this shithouse outfit of a team cannot be good for him.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

The Starcevich Coterie wrote:Listening to the ABC.

The irony of Carlton supporters whinging about the Garlett non-goal decision.

"We should have won by a point..." etc etc

Please post the 1979 Premiership Cup to the Westpac Centre and the 1995 Premiership Cup to AFL Headquarters.
considering the fact that it was paid a point, the whingers would have actually got a draw not a win, now wouldn't that have been special!
McRae for Governor-General!
Frohickey

Post by Frohickey »

the ru is on fire wrote:
considering the fact that it was paid a point, the whingers would have actually got a draw not a win, now wouldn't that have been special!
I yelled out Go Pies! when scores were level in the last quarter and got a titter up in the Gods
When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

For anyone that watches south park
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

It really is a beautiful thing: Carlton loses on Friday night by 5 points and on Saturday the AFL admits the goal umpire got the Jeff Garlett behind wrong. That adds acid to the already festering wound.

Sometimes (in my silly dream-like, drunken state) you just have to think that here may be a god after all.......at least a footy god. Come to think of it, if there were a footy god, he is just as capricious and uncaring as the christian, jewish and muslim fantasy gods!
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

Interesting that the commentators said there was a huge amount of money on the draw and that the bookies were sweating on it - match fixing anyone ;)
McRae for Governor-General!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

How come they keep referring to Flowers in their posts?
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

ANNODAM wrote:How come they keep referring to Flowers in their posts?
swear filter.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

^ LOL! Thanks...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
TheJonesBoy

Post by TheJonesBoy »

swoop42 wrote:I hate Essendon with a passion but still bahahahahahahahahahahaha.

And to think that if the Garlett goal had of been paid (as it should, though why Garlett didn't react to the decision is bewildering) it would have been a draw.
No it wouldnt have. The ball would have gone back to the middle and the game from then on would have unfolded completely differently! Just sayin....

And regardless, that makes seeing the Scum lose even sweeter, in the knowledge they think one decision may have cost them a draw, close win etc!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I saw only the last 90 seconds or so of the Blooz v Bumblers monstrosity. I have rarely seen so many inept efforts by so many players (on both teams) in ostensibly desperate circumstances. A 50 metre penalty and a deliberate out of bounds coughed up by the Bumblers when they should have been playing disciplined, focussed footy. As for the Blooz, Yarran's effort was pretty tame but the decision-making by the leper who kicked it to him when he was always going to be under the pump was nothing short of pathetic. The end of the Melbourne v GWS game had more panache.

So, in summing up, I'd have to say that 90 seconds was some of the most heart-warming football I've seen in a long time. Long may it continue from both these splendid teams. They each did their best to demonstrate to the rest of the world what they stand for - mediocrity.

Looking forward, I think we can quite reasonably anticipate that the Blooz may lose 5 or more of their next 7 (Hawthorn, Swans, Collingwood, the 'Aints - to whom they lost dismally earlier this year - at Etihad, North at Etihad, the Suns up north and Freo at Etihad). They certainly wouldn't want to get the Suns on a wet night up at Metricon in that next little run.

On another positive note, I see that Collingwood has inflicted the Blooz' biggest loss for the season so far. There's something reassuring in knowing that they're not good enough to win the important games but not quite bad enough for their fans to work out what is going to happen until close to full-time.