Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Good work, as usual, Magpie Bat.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the courageous efforts of Yarran and Gibbs near goal when the game was there to be won in the last quarter. If only Collingwood had players like that who dug deep when it mattered. Where was Pendlebury, where was Swan, where was Elliot, where was Blair etc etc? How come these guys didn't do the hard things at the business end of the game, just like those fabulous Blooz. I mean, really - it's easy enough to go into a pack and get the pill because you're bigger and stronger and want the ball more - but why can't more of our boys bite the turf like that when the going gets tough?
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Is how much he or she enjoyed the courageous efforts of Yarran and Gibbs near goal when the game was there to be won in the last quarter a movie?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It was a typo, HAL. It's fixed. Thanks for noticing. Try not to overdo the light machine oil - it's habit-forming.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

OK I will try it.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Everyone can put their opinion out there...some just use poor reasoning in their arguments. No ruckman. Using a sub early. A midfield of Murphy/Judd/Gibbs/Carrazzo/Kreuzer/McLean/Robinson/Bell against a midfield missing Beams and Thomas.

You don't get these opportunities often. Good teams capitalise. 10 days break to 7.

Pathetic
It is plain and simiply our list is not good enough
Our bottom 6 players are a huge problem to much to to few

That said with a slightly better run from umpires could of easily win

Pies will be top 2
You said it. :D
mickey mouse can bring buckley and mitchell in next weeks team to see how they go, keep experimenting, you will eventually get the right gel.
oops, play them in defence they will learn.
I'm really !@#$%& off. We led for most of the goddamn game.

Why were we so flat in the last? We had a 10 day break and looked fit in the last against Bitchmond.

Kane Lucas' tackling is !@#$%& abysmal, cost us a goal.

Marcus Davies' decision making, cost us a goal.

Bootsma is still learning but back to the 2s please.

Kade Simpson, what's going on?

Umpiring was crap, so sick of seeing pissweak free kicks get paid and absolute textbook ones not.
The tackling of Kane Lucas....disgraceful...soft, insipid.
When are we going to see this defensive edge that Malthouse was meant to bring in? All i see are shootouts.

When are we going to see something different from him that shows us the reason why we are paying top dollar for his services?
Just a hint even?

Still not exited.
Last week would have been disappointing, this week would stick in the old mans throat like a star picket.
Why are we making excuses?
Our mids are lazy and only run one way
We don't know how to stick a tackle
Our skills are below average
We hardly do any gut running unless we think we are going to get the ball
We hardly ever kick to advantage
We never make space for our team mates
We never shepard
And it looks like we never talk by the amount of times we kick blindly and are run into trouble
and we can't set up a goal through the middle of the ground

we had a lot of shots from the flanks and pockets which we got lucky today and a lot of running with the ball into the fifty.
There is no way this game plan will get us anywhere except stuffed in the last quarter just like today and that's were all our deficiencies will be exacerbated.
Why did we sakc ratts again?
Mentally weak!

The same mentally weak squad that lost the Brisbane, Sydney and West Coast finals.....the same one that folded in the last half of 2012 to miss the finals

When we get to the crunch, the lack of leadership and ability to go that extra mile under duress really hurts us!
Why did we hire Mike?

I'm all for a change due to circumstance but we have lost to two teams that we beat last year and I still see the same fragile mentality and game as last year.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Ah, those quotes gladden my heart. What a satisfying win, on so many levels. And I love it that it has sent the scum fans back into a state of despair!
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

YES, the " Why did we sack Ratts "? above gladdens my heart, and hey, after only two rounds too. LOL. cheer up bluebellies, old mans boundary line crap game takes years to master, you have a long, long way to go learning his Leyland bros " travel all over the countryside" gameplan. LOSERS. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by Jezza »

This is the first Collingwood win against the Scum since this thread began almost 13 months ago. Let's cherish this moment for a long time. I was just so satisfied seeing the Scum fans left in despair. I still love how they don't rate the likes of Elliott and Dwyer :lol: :lol: :lol:

MB, I was going to upload quotes from TankingCarlton, but you're already ahead of me. It always makes for fantastic reading :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke

Post by Mr Dapper Travis Cloke »

Yes a Pies win over Carlton has taken a while.

Rejoice and enjoy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Dapper Travis Cloke wrote:Yes a Pies win over Carlton has taken a while.

Rejoice and enjoy.
MY bloody oath mate, did my heart good to watch that today, I am as happy as a pig in shit. How sweet it is, and jamie elliott, you are a bloody little absolute star. :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

MB - thanks for your raids on and quotes from the rhythmless blues.

I especially like the one calling MM Mickey Mouse. Last year their coaches' box was infested by Rats, and now they've got a mouse. I'm predicting their next coach will be a gerbil.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Greening gold wrote:MB - thanks for your raids on and quotes from the rhythmless blues.

I especially like the one calling MM Mickey Mouse. Last year their coaches' box was infested by Rats, and now they've got a mouse. I'm predicting their next coach will be a gerbil.
That would be amusing, think of all the Richard Gere innuendos!
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

It just warms my heart reading those quotes...

I look forward to them every week.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Knock, knock...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

As Arnold Schwazenegger once said... "I'll be back."

:twisted:
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.