#5 Jamie Elliott

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

35forever wrote:Who cares about which of our small forwards is best, the fact is we have half a dozen guns to come back the second they're ready. Where they gonna fit in?!
Ball, Daisy, Kraks and Dids are top 5 players and all just about ready, how do you drop 4 from yesterdays side? Seedy had an ordinary day, but he was first up after an injury & his pre-season form was brilliant, besides, he was only the sub!
You couldn't drop Dwyer after yesterday, that was his first full game ffs, and he was fantastic, Jamie and Sinks WERE our forward pressure, they were awesome as a pair and managed 7 or 8 goals between them. My guess is people would say Caff & Goldy, but they're two of the most versatile guys in our side and Caff missed a whole season, he needs a few games to get back to his best, and can do even better, his conditioning is incredible!
As a matter of fact have you had a look at the state of all our guys? They are unbelievable! Pendles has beefed up, so have Blair and Goldy, they look like rocks with veins!

What this really does, I guess, is give Bucks the freedom to develop the concept of 'horses for courses' (yes, it was Mick's idea), picking a team based on the opposition and conditions. What a luxury!

Can a team have too much depth?!
Keeping it simple, I'd say keep playing a winning team and drop players when they play badly. I'm tempted to suggest Cricket Australia's rotation policy but you'd need to do better than CA in managing it. So long as last week's 22 keep performing, it's up to Ball, Daisy, Krak and Beams to force their way back in when an opportunity presents itself. I like hungry footballers - they hunt with more purpose.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

I can't believe anyone would suggest anything from the current Australian cricket team
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Meanwhile, back on topic, I watched the replay again this evening, and concluded that young Elliot's performance was probably the greatest individual performance in a quarter by a Collingwood player since Licuria in 2002. Seriously, when everyone was shattered, that boy stood up and kicked two riveting goals, laid tackles, made contests, took one powerful overhead contested mark, and directly caused two goal assists. If he'd managed to get 5 metres more on his set shot from in front, it'd nearly have been the complete performance. He was simply a matchwinner, and every opposition now has another big black and white headache. I knew it was good - but second time round, it was awesome.
Two more flags before I die!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

mattys123 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Wheatley has this completely wrong and that the best Elliott can give us this year is a small forward option?
If he can deliver like he did Sunday as a small forward then I'd be happy with that for 2013 while he develops a bit more.

Agree, not likely he'll squeeze Blairy out whose form thus far this year has been fantastic, but could add an occasional midfield rotation string to his bow as 2013 progresses.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Tannin wrote:
rand corp wrote:Elliot is currently our best 'defensive' forward in locking the ball in our forward 50 through chasing, tackling and pressure.
No, Third best:
  1. Goldsack
  2. Macaffer
  3. Elliott
We might see (1) and (2) swap places this year, particularly as Goldie is currently on the injury list and will battle to regain full fitness before mid-season.
Macaffer's form thus far in 2013 doesn't warrant the status attributed. He's currently well behind Sinclair and Elliott. Might change if he finds form.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Would love to read the full atricle to this regarding Billy Elltiot

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert- ... 6616155607

but I'm not a subscriber (nor could I find it in news.com.au).

If someone could post it or pm me the full article would be ace! :D
Go Pies !!!!
Ah Tibor

Post by Ah Tibor »

Clemo, just insert that link into a google search and click on the first result. Presto! You can now read the full article.
.....how many times you've saved my butt....
AnthonyC

Post by AnthonyC »

Go Pies!
AnthonyC

Post by AnthonyC »

..computers are dumb, sorry double post.
Last edited by AnthonyC on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Pies!
ApplesKuwait

Post by ApplesKuwait »

He did everything asked of him on Sunday, but Hawks will not give him that latitude. Let's congratulate him on his efforts, but not get carried away. He's just as likely to get none this Sunday.
I'm in Kuwait but my heart is always at Victoria Park, front seat, Sherrin Stand. Floreat Pica!
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

AnthonyC wrote:^here you go.
Go Pies !!!!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Mark of the Year - congrats Jamie Elliott

Post by Pies4shaw »

And here it is, following the great marks by Atkinson, Picken, Picken, Picken, Picken, Picken, Picken, Picken, Picken, Banks and Krak:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... f-the-year
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Well done Jamie. What did he win?
The window is open my friend!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:Well done Jamie. What did he win?
I'm not actually sure. Possibly just censure from the Coach for knocking the stuffing out of himself in that game taking the mark, instead of crumbing like any sensible small forward. :wink:

Also, I see that I forgot to list Taz as one of the past Collingwood winners of Mark of the Year. Apologies to him - his was actually my favourite of all of them.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Bucks5 »

You sure Jamie has won the MOTY?... The caption to the video says 'Some classic marks of the year and a few from recent times.'

Congrats if he has won, I believe the winner is given a new car.