Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

regan is true fullback

Post by regan is true fullback »

Carlton has launched an aggressive membership campaign, telling its fans that achieving 50,000 members this season would send the message to the AFL that the club deserved to relocate the majority of its home games to the MCG beyond 2014. But Blues fans have still not signed up in the numbers initially hoped for, with membership currently sitting on 40,000 - 2500 more than this time last year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2NwMxWxon
we know there're coming, but so did Molly when the Bay City Rollers were about to tour Australia...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

regan is true fullback wrote:
Carlton has launched an aggressive membership campaign, telling its fans that achieving 50,000 members this season would send the message to the AFL that the club deserved to relocate the majority of its home games to the MCG beyond 2014. But Blues fans have still not signed up in the numbers initially hoped for, with membership currently sitting on 40,000 - 2500 more than this time last year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z2NwMxWxon
we know there're coming, but so did Molly when the Bay City Rollers were about to tour Australia...
Molly originally creamed himself, way way back when the Beatles toured Australia, that was his" coming out " period. :P As for Caaaaaarlton, I think many of their fans werent too happy with the old fart taking over the reins, and Ratts getting shafted. Some have certainly told me exactly that. ! 8)
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

I HATE carlton.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

sixpoints wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
sixpoints wrote:Carlton.
One flag in 25 years and it was with a dodgy tainted salary cap.
They now hire a 60 year old coach.
They are going nowhere.
They are scum.
People in glass house should not throw stones!

You do realise we deliberately lost games in 2005 to get Thomas and Pendelbury in the draft.

And as far as flags go, remember we used to say that the Pies had won one flag in 50 years before 2010. All I know is that I have vivid memories of losing four grand finals to the Scum. On current counting we have won one flag since 1991 (that's 22 years! :P ).

BTW since the Blooze last won a day flag in 1995, that means one flag in 18 years, not 25. In the past two decades we are all square except for one thing: We have lost more grand finals than them in that same period. :P
I assure you JS that I am numerate enough to calculate the years from 1988 to 2012. The answer is 25 as I previously stated.
Also I feel no need to be concerned about "glass houses". I am an unabashed, biased Collingwood supporter and this is a Collingwood site. I do not need to temper what I say in order to appease any sense of fairness in regard to Carlton.
Fair enough but I still stick by these words:
In the past two decades we are all square except for one thing: We have lost more grand finals than them in that same period.
We may not like it, but it's a fact. When Collingwood has the ability to produce the sort of dynasty Geelong did between 2007-2011, then we can really start crowing. Sorry, but one flag every 20 or so years is not good enough for me. The fact is we've never been as good as we think we are. All our greatness as a club came from the Jock McHale years, especially The Machine.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

jack_spain wrote:
sixpoints wrote:
jack_spain wrote: People in glass house should not throw stones!

You do realise we deliberately lost games in 2005 to get Thomas and Pendelbury in the draft.

And as far as flags go, remember we used to say that the Pies had won one flag in 50 years before 2010. All I know is that I have vivid memories of losing four grand finals to the Scum. On current counting we have won one flag since 1991 (that's 22 years! :P ).

BTW since the Blooze last won a day flag in 1995, that means one flag in 18 years, not 25. In the past two decades we are all square except for one thing: We have lost more grand finals than them in that same period. :P
I assure you JS that I am numerate enough to calculate the years from 1988 to 2012. The answer is 25 as I previously stated.
Also I feel no need to be concerned about "glass houses". I am an unabashed, biased Collingwood supporter and this is a Collingwood site. I do not need to temper what I say in order to appease any sense of fairness in regard to Carlton.
In the past two decades we are all square except for one thing: We have lost more grand finals than them in that same period.
We may not like it, but it's a fact. When Collingwood has the ability to produce the sort of dynasty Geelong did between 2007-2011, then we can really start crowing. Sorry, but one flag every 20 or so years is not good enough for me. The fact is we've never been as good as we think we are. All our greatness as a club came from the Jock McHale years, especially The Machine.
TRUE Jack, see, me and you shoulda been born in the early 1920s, then we coulda lived the four in a row flags, first hand. :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
sixpoints wrote: I assure you JS that I am numerate enough to calculate the years from 1988 to 2012. The answer is 25 as I previously stated.
TRUE Jack, see, me and you shoulda been born in the early 1920s, then we coulda lived the four in a row flags, first hand. :P :P
chessboy, the way you carry on some times i could have sworn you were born in the 1880s and have lived to have seen every game. :P
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

^Don't you know that PnC was at the crucifixion?

He was critical of that as well.

Never pleasin the man.

P.S-JS whacked in the nails.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Sutters

Post by Sutters »

jack_spain wrote:
Sorry, but one flag every 20 or so years is not good enough for me. The fact is we've never been as good as we think we are. All our greatness as a club came from the Jock McHale years, especially The Machine.
Actually we still have the greatest win rate over 115 years and hold the most records as well as finals wins and home and away wins

It's not like we shut up shop and started winning wooden spoons like St Kilda after Jock and The Machine, we were always a power, but with some dreadful luck in GF's

Oh and in the last decade it's 1 flag to 3 wooden spoons, get it right Jack ;)
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

swoop42 wrote:^Don't you know that PnC was at the crucifixion?

He was critical of that as well.

Never pleasin the man.

P.S-JS whacked in the nails.
lol. i wonder if it was someone in a collingwood jumper on the cross. if you believe some ... we get crucified every week.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I will try my best.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
jack_spain wrote: Fair enough but I still stick by these words:
chessboy, the way you carry on some times i could have sworn you were born in the 1880s and have lived to have seen every game. :P
:shock: :shock: You are confusing me with ol DIGGER jw, now hes 149 years old, and has truly seen every game. god bless ol digger, a cross between our Hiss, bruce ruxton, and dear ol jock riley. :P :P

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Bumpety bump...
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
EBB

Post by EBB »

%$^ me, why is this thread not moved to VP like the Saintional thread? !

Let's not laugh at Carlton please, it's not their fault :)
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Bit early folks, afterall this is bloody richmond, who snatch the defeat from the jaws of victory. But, if they are ever gonna beat the scum, this is the game, they cannot afford to drop this now. Meanwhile, i wonder how the lads over at Talking Caaaaaaarlton are handling the old farts gameplan, and the fact he has no plan B. Love to see it if tiggers get up. ! LOL LOL

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Guess there Scum Coach will not make much Difference
I am Da Man