Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Buckswhizz

Post by Buckswhizz »

jack_spain wrote:
I know our history. We win flags now every few decades.

On that mathematical sequence we should win our next flag in 2022 or 2023. :lol:
Or another glut of flags is about to occur as it did in our early years to smooth out the average, the distribution is never uniform

We play a GF every 3 years and win one every 8 years, I think we can do better than a 37.5% win rate in GF's, starting this year :wink:
Carlton must die!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

OH, and i wonder, after our excellent win over Wet Toast, in Perth, with half a team, -only Nab cup i know, but still, good signs all round- i wonder how our nervous nellies and yellowbacks are feeling about the Scum now, still petrified of them are they ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Well, it's been a long time between drinks, old friend (oh, how I've missed you)... but it's time to start laughing together again!
This is a capitulation. MM said he wanted to win it.

His gameplan looks like it is passe against an accurate kicking and hard running team.
Wonder how many have played themselves out of a round 1 spot, tonight?
If this is Mick's game plan, it's gunna be a long season. The emperor has no clothes.
50,000 just went up in smoke
Sakc Malthouse?

Bring back Ratts?

No game plan looks good when your being outplayed in the middle.
Are we Brown's bunnies?
Insipid is nowhere near a strong enough descriptor.
We will be 0-5 if they play like this.
Bye bye season after 5 weeks.
When will this club draft some real forwards
:lol: :lol: :lol:

More to come... :twisted:
Last edited by MagpieBat on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

I thought the scum would win easiily.

Never been so happy to be wrong.

P.S-Sack MM.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Couldn't help but notice that Kruezer is as bad as Dawes when it comes to jumping to try to take a mark. Is not a forward. Neither is Hampson.
No key forwards no key backs the Scum are still a long way from anything resembling a premiership window.

Yes it is only the comedy cup, but 3 years for MM is not enough if he wants to win them a flag.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Sooo, how many millions does Buddy want ?
More than you can afford, wise ass. Unless... :wink:
Without decent key forwards we are stuffed.Looks like another long season.
The grey goose is a one trick pony!!! Oh dear... Gibbs the only positive of the night...
But didn't the long bombs to a heavily outnumbered forward take you back? I felt younger again...
Pagan days. They knew we would kick long all over the ground so they just waited for it. Terrible gameplan. We are horrible to watch.
8 - 62 second half
How many coaches are we going to go through before they start fixing the problems that have been occurring since 2002.
1) They consistently donont man up!
2) They turn the ball over far too often and make too many elementary mistakes.
3) Their forward line is constantly a hit and miss affair. Bombing it in hope into the forward 50 is not a valid attacking strategy!
4) Too many of their experienced and well paid players go missing too often. It is not acceptable to have one good game every three or four weeks!
5) As good as Betts, Garlett and some of our other forwards can be at times, the Blues need a strong key forward. Waite has potential but seems to be injured too often and other tall forwards we have used are not consistent enough. This is something the Blues should have addressed by drafting aggressively at the end of last year.

There are many areas and mistakes which I am sure people can name but it needs to come down to culture also. Losing at Carlton has become acceptable and this is something that the great Carlton teams of the past would never have stood for. The Blues of this last decade too often either don't try (as was witnessed by the deplorable performance against the Gold Coast) or they start believing theirs and other hype about them.

Rather than building up this team by inflating their potential Malthouse and others need to break this team down and make them prove their worthiness as contenders for a final spot let alone flag contenders, which is still a distant memory and a seeming even more distant dream.
:lol:
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

IF the old fart thinks this will be an easy gig at the Scum, in his rabid quest to "get back" at the Pies, methinks he could be in for a long, long season, and a very grumpy old man one, too. LOL. ah,,,,, the joy of it all. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Carro

Post by Carro »

Sucked in Malthouse you low life
melliot

Post by melliot »

From what I can gather, about half the Blues supporters dislike MM. Thus the poor crowd tonight.

If they get on a losing streak, look for the blood crys.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

melliot wrote:From what I can gather, about half the Blues supporters dislike MM. Thus the poor crowd tonight.

If they get on a losing streak, look for the blood crys.
THREE Caaaaaarlton fans have told me, in the last week, they want Rats back, and Rats was hard done by. ! :P :P

Jezza
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by Jezza »

Only three more days until the 1st anniversary of this thread. I'm so honoured to have started it :D

MagpieBat, you need to be applauded for finding these amusing posts from TankingCarlton. They always make for enjoyable reading. I thoroughly enjoyed watching tonight's match. The Scum were sucked in and thought they'd kill Brisbane easily. Well done to the Lions, they were deserving winners.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 327 times

Post by Jezza »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

^ Great picture!

And, just to rub it in, the Scum reserves went down in a VFL practice match yesterday afternoon to Box Hill, 74-115.

Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

Fairdinks!!!!

That picture looks like Mick's at a brothel taking his pick!

And what's with the ironman glow from the carlton logo on the jumper, what rot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go the Pies
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

One thing that strikes me about that pic is that although there's some talent, apart from say Judd is there really anyone physically imposing in that team?

Jeez, they could've done with a Josh Kennedy last night.

LOL, Ouch!!

Good luck, Mick

Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.