Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

jack_spain wrote:No one is laughing now.

I bet Mick wins a premiership at the Scum before we win our next one (since we are on track to win a flag every 20 years).

:shock: :shock: Jeeesus Jack, and you reckon ive been hitting the Chivas Regal. !! Get real ! :shock: :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Buckswhizz

Post by Buckswhizz »

I went to the game last night with a filth friend and saw an old man, broken and bent over, hobbling his way to the huddle, lost a bit of weight too and doesn't suit, don't expect Surly to be coaching for very long, Bucks was the right choice in every way
Carlton must die!
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I bet Mick wins a premiership at the Scum before we win our next one (since we are on track to win a flag every 20 years).
Could not stand the Arrogance of that Man if he Did
I am Da Man
Buckswhizz

Post by Buckswhizz »

Actually we win a flag every 8.2 years, historically speaking
Carlton must die!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ THANK Gawd for the side of 1927-28-29-30 !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Buckswhizz

Post by Buckswhizz »

Piesnchess wrote:^ THANK Gawd for the side of 1927-28-29-30 !
And Melbourne of the 50's and Hawthorn of the 80's and the Cats more recently after a 44 year drought and a needle full of peptides, it's never an even distribution but at the end of the day we can point to more success than those clubs

It's far more disturbing that we play in a Grand Final every 2.8 years and filth 1 and 2 are still a flag ahead of us :cry:
Carlton must die!
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling wrote:It only took Mick 3 years to take a team that was bottom of the ladder to a Grand Final.

The Blues are much further along than that and have just about the perfect age profile for finals success (they're where we were in 2010). The only real issue they have is tall forwards and Casboult looks like solving that (Mick's game does not require a star, just a competitor). If Waite's able to string games together, they will be extremely dangerous.

It's hard to think they could go all the way in Mick's first year, but the list is almost good enough (telling that they have opted to make no changes). It will all depend on how well they take to the new game plan. Remember they were very good last year before Ratten's front-running game plan was exposed for its lack of accountability and the whole club lost its confidence. That won't happen under Mick.
While I agree Malthouse has inherited a very good list (one which should have played finals last year) and I fully expect them to make the final 8 (anything less would be a total failure) I still suspect at this stage they are well ahead of last seasons finalists in terms of preparation.

They would have started preseason training 3 to 4 weeks before us and coupled with the hunger and enthusiasm for success that Malthouse would have provided they are flying at this stage.

They'll be hard to beat in the first half of year no doubt my biggest query though has Malthouse with a point to prove gone to hard to early and once the injuries start to mount, the depth is tested, we enter the winter months and the bump in performance of wanting to impress the new coach begins to wane will the be able to sustain the intensity required to be a genuine top 4 chance.

I have my doubts.

It's March 3rd after all.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^Agree. For any team looking to make a leap up the ladder, the second half of the season is always more difficult, and I don't think their depth is that great.
Well done boys!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

So the Scum have won 3 comedy cup games including a nail biting win over the GWS.

Must be flag favourites given that form line. Scum supporters have already locked in 2013 for the flag and are talking back to back. The more optimistic are talking the three peat.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

AN_Inkling wrote:^^Agree. For any team looking to make a leap up the ladder, the second half of the season is always more difficult, and I don't think their depth is that great.
depth is about the players outside the 22 playing the role asked of them when backfilling. this is where lesser names can come in and fill in for anyone. don't forget the blues also effectively took over the preston vfl side and now have total control of the club.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Poor Bullants, theres goes any morals or principles, honesty or integrity that they ever had. Once linked to the Scum, the criminal gene seeps through.

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Carlton have some fantastic players, no doubt about that. If they have players step in in some key positions, then with a good coach (which they have), they are one of 8-10 teams that at this stage could win the flag.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Piesnchess wrote:

:shock: :shock: Jeeesus Jack, and you reckon ive been hitting the Chivas Regal. !! Get real ! :shock: :roll:
I'm 100% sober mate!

I know our history. We win flags now every few decades.

On that mathematical sequence we should win our next flag in 2022 or 2023. :lol:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I seem to recall the year they won the pre season comp, but ended up with the wooden spoon. ! These games mean very little, practice matches at best, im not reading much into it at all. :?
using that example of carlton's is the exception rather than the rule. if you bothered to do an ounce of research - and in this google day and age, there is no excuse for ignorance, chessboy - you'll find that most teams that make the final of the preseason comp generally make at least the prelim of the season proper that year.
OH really ? Did not the dogs win it a few seasons ago, when Acker was with them, and im pretty sure they missed the big stuff that season ? You read far too much into these pre season games JW, glorified practice matches with many rested stars, but I guess your myopic view of Carrrrrlton knows no bounds. :?
chessboy, interestingly, foxtel showed a stat where in 2012 we were 1st ranked using the boundary and near on worst ranked for using the corridor. eagles were second to us and similarly poorly ranked in corridor usage. i guess the so-called "crap" game style has some currency with coaches.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ well lies and damn lies and stats, as they say, because the games i attended were a lot less via the cape boundary than in previous years. We seemed to go far more up the guts than in the Malthousian era, and hasnt Bucks already said we are going to be far more direct and attacking this year. ?