Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

John Wren wrote:
Brenny wrote:
John Wren wrote: this will not shock you but i beg to differ chessboy. he has a group of players that will hang on his every word. they are in the exciting honeymoon phase where they are out to impress the new coach plus also learn from one of the best in the trade. i think it may take a little time for them to get it together but it does concern me that they will get his game style and hand us a new one.

Mick isn't dumb. He may be a senile old man, but he will adapt as necessary. Anybody who thinks 12 months out of it is going to stuff him is dreaming.

Took us 3-4yrs to get his game plan to lead us to a flag. Mick admits he was running it since about 2006 or so.

Difference is, I think Carlton are a much better unit then we were in 06.
bear in mind his "crap" game plan netted us five grand finals.

i agree with your assessment about the comparative lists. he has a lot of depth at his disposal.
OH spare me, looks like the " soft on Carlton " clique is plying its trade. ! :roll: BTW in 2010 we used a much more direct gameplan-inspired by then assistant Bucks-up the guts more, and we got the flag. To even remotely compare the Scums list to ours shows how dim you are, have fun sleeping under your Caaaarlton doona at night do we ? :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

He wasn't talking about 2010.

2006 Collingwood compared to 2013 Carlton, Carlton are a better unit to our 2006.

It's no secret it took Mick years to develop our game to a point where it won us a flag.

His point he wouldn't be surprised if Carlton adapted to Mick quicker compared to our 2006 Collingwood.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ HE said FIVE GFs, 2010 was one of those he meant.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Then I've clearly miss understood which section of his post you were referring to the most.

But to be honest we could make 10 grand finals under mick but if we only win 1, then the others don't mean squat.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey, we want some Bayley!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Brenny wrote:Then I've clearly miss understood which section of his post you were referring to the most.

But to be honest we could make 10 grand finals under mick but if we only win 1, then the others don't mean squat.
WTF ?? Losing ten GFs under him means hes a lousy coach, at best !. Losing ONE GF means far more than just "squat", it is a blot on our history. :? :?

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Brenny wrote:
Mick isn't dumb. He may be a senile old man, but he will adapt as necessary. Anybody who thinks 12 months out of it is going to stuff him is dreaming.

Took us 3-4yrs to get his game plan to lead us to a flag. Mick admits he was running it since about 2006 or so.

i agree with your assessment about the comparative lists. he has a lot of depth at his disposal.
OH spare me, looks like the " soft on Carlton " clique is plying its trade. ! :roll: BTW in 2010 we used a much more direct gameplan-inspired by then assistant Bucks-up the guts more, and we got the flag. To even remotely compare the Scums list to ours shows how dim you are, have fun sleeping under your Caaaarlton doona at night do we ? :P
you have missed the point. take your blinkers off. making an objective assessment of where they are at is hardly being "soft on carlton" as you put it.

as per brenny's assertion malthouse IS taking over a much better list. if you think our 2006 list is better than carlton's 2013 list then you need to taghlay.

in 2006 we managed to make the final 8 but got bundled out by the bulldogs. i expect carlton to win at least one final this year.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

list shmist, they haven't ever managed to stay on the park for the last few seasons, if they finish above us this season I'll eat Hiss's missus
McRae for Governor-General!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
John Wren wrote: bear in mind his "crap" game plan netted us five grand finals.

you have missed the point. take your blinkers off. making an objective assessment of where they are at is hardly being "soft on carlton" as you put it.

as per brenny's assertion malthouse IS taking over a much better list. if you think our 2006 list is better than carlton's 2013 list then you need to taghlay.

in 2006 we managed to make the final 8 but got bundled out by the bulldogs. i expect carlton to win at least one final this year.
I think you are being totally misguided in your opinion of Carlton JW dude, FAR too optimistic! You can quote me on this; Carlton will NOT make the top 4 and will NOT win a final this year. Their recruiting pre season was the worst of any AFL team (except maybe St Kilda) and MM highly over estimates and overrates the capabilities and capacity of the current Carlton list. The Blues are a very good team but not a great one as yet. Not a finals winning team.

I totally agree with the comments made on this thread by Piesnchess. He talks sense. To compare Collingwood's current list with Carlton's list is sacrilegious!! Chalk and cheese! We are much better placed under Buck's in his second year as Carlton may well be next year in MM's second year. But this season, Collingwood is far better placed and advanced to be compared to the Blues. :shock: :roll: :roll:
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Matthew Lloyd reckons they won't make the eight and I agree with him.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Nick - Pie Man wrote:Matthew Lloyd reckons they won't make the eight and I agree with him.

I must admit Nick I saw that last night and it brought a smile to the dial. Hope he is right. :wink:
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: OH spare me, looks like the " soft on Carlton " clique is plying its trade. ! :roll: BTW in 2010 we used a much more direct gameplan-inspired by then assistant Bucks-up the guts more, and we got the flag. To even remotely compare the Scums list to ours shows how dim you are, have fun sleeping under your Caaaarlton doona at night do we ? :P

I think you are being totally misguided in your opinion of Carlton JW dude, FAR too optimistic! You can quote me on this; Carlton will NOT make the top 4 and will NOT win a final this year. Their recruiting pre season was the worst of any AFL team (except maybe St Kilda) and MM highly over estimates and overrates the capabilities and capacity of the current Carlton list. The Blues are a very good team but not a great one as yet. Not a finals winning team.

I totally agree with the comments made on this thread by Piesnchess. He talks sense. To compare Collingwood's current list with Carlton's list is sacrilegious!! Chalk and cheese! We are much better placed under Buck's in his second year as Carlton may well be next year in MM's second year. But this season, Collingwood is far better placed and advanced to be compared to the Blues. :shock: :roll: :roll:
you don't need to be a great team to win a final in the first week. also, no one is making comparisons btween the collingwood and carlton squads of this year.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Member 7167 wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:Matthew Lloyd reckons they won't make the eight and I agree with him.

I must admit Nick I saw that last night and it brought a smile to the dial. Hope he is right. :wink:
I like Lloyd, speaks his mind, knows his oats, and i hope hes spot on, be lovely to see the old fool drop his bundle under some hard press conference questions, after the Finals are beyond them. :P :P

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

Here's a good trivia question:

Carlton has only finished above Collingwood once out of the last 11 years. What year was it?

(I'll give you a clue: they didn't make the finals either :mrgreen:)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

What you've done in the past does not guarantee anything about your future. It may influence it, but any notion that because MM got us, Wet Toast & Doggies to improve quickly means nothing for 2013. My god those results were 30, 20 & over 10 years ago.
I mean hello, who are the last 2 prem coaches - Scott & Longmire! What is their stunning history?
Fear not, the scum are average - somewhere between 7-12.
If Fyffe, Sandilands & Pav stay sound watch Freo.
I reckon no way scum can finish above us, Dawks, Wet Toast, Freo, Swans, Cats, Crows. Maybe they are equal of Tiges, Roos, Bummers & Aints.
So maybe finals at 7/8 or maybe not.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

John Wren wrote:
Brenny wrote:
John Wren wrote: this will not shock you but i beg to differ chessboy. he has a group of players that will hang on his every word. they are in the exciting honeymoon phase where they are out to impress the new coach plus also learn from one of the best in the trade. i think it may take a little time for them to get it together but it does concern me that they will get his game style and hand us a new one.

I thought you guys were being very generous rating their current list as much better than our 2006 so went back and had a look at what I think was our best 22 at that time.

B. Johnson, Presti, H. Shaw
H. O'Brien, S. Wakelin, J. Clement

S. Burns, N. Buckley, S. Pendlebury

A. Didak, T. Cloke, C. Tarrant
L. Davis, A. Rocca, D. Thomas

J. Fraser, D. Swan, P. Licuria

INT: Maxwell, O'Bree, Lockyer, R. Shaw

EMG: Rusling, Lonie, B. Holland

@ Brenny. Half of that list will be defined as Premiership players, perhaps multiple and all played in Grand Finals except for Rusling. I think we should at least wait and see what Mick's current list achieves before making such statements.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.