Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 328 times

Post by Jezza »

ANNODAM wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=yks_O-v0urk&NR=1
Haha Jeannie Pratt and Kreuzer dancing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 174 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

There's a Blooz tenth anniversary worth celebrating this year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlton_Fo ... cap_breach

My favourite extract follows:

"The penalties struck Carlton at a very inopportune time. Historically one of the most successful clubs both on and off the field, decisions made in the late 1990s meant the club was already struggling in both areas in 2002, and the impact of the penalties severely weakened the club's position for the next five or six years.

On-field, the club had fallen from playing finals in 2001 to winning its first ever wooden spoon in 2002, after the retirements of many champion players from the 1990s. The loss of draft picks came at the time when the club needed them the most to rebuild its playing list. This resulted in the worst extended period of on-field performances in the history of the club. In the six seasons between 2002 and 2007, Carlton finished last three times, and five times in the bottom two."

Every time Daniel Wells or Brendan Goddard has a good game, I think of this and smile.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

:-) That is a generalization.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 174 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Well-spotted, tinhead.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Pies4shaw wrote:There's a Blooz tenth anniversary worth celebrating this year:

"The penalties struck Carlton at a very inopportune time. Historically one of the most successful clubs both on and off the field, decisions made in the late 1990s meant the club was already struggling in both areas in 2002, and the impact of the penalties severely weakened the club's position for the next five or six years.

On-field, the club had fallen from playing finals in 2001 to winning its first ever wooden spoon in 2002, after the retirements of many champion players from the 1990s. The loss of draft picks came at the time when the club needed them the most to rebuild its playing list. This resulted in the worst extended period of on-field performances in the history of the club. In the six seasons between 2002 and 2007, Carlton finished last three times, and five times in the bottom two."

Every time Daniel Wells or Brendan Goddard has a good game, I think of this and smile.
Great moment in the club's history. It served them right for all the cheating they have committed in the past years.

It's a pity that they weren't stripped of their flags, like the Melbourne Storm were when they had been found to have breached the salary cap a few years ago in the NRL.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
HAL

Post by HAL »

ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Jezza wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:There's a Blooz tenth anniversary worth celebrating this year:

Great moment in the club's history. It served them right for all the cheating they have committed in the past years.

It's a pity that they weren't stripped of their flags, like the Melbourne Storm were when they had been found to have breached the salary cap a few years ago in the NRL.

My bold:

That's what should've fkn happened...

Gutless AFL.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
HAL

Post by HAL »

Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mossi »

:) listening to SEN, I can't believe the Blue fans ringing in still moaning about Wellingham ... I thought the subject was Judd's offense!!
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

We now cross live to a special edition of the 24 hour laugh channel, TankingCarlscum.com...
joke JOKE JOKE !

its over
crap. They can all get !@#$%&!!!
4 weeks. I can deal with that.
Finally, some common sense from a Scum supporter. Take a photo, you won't see that again for a while...
4. the max they could give without us going to court.

flower cowards
I cant!!!

This is an utter disgrace
no common sense has prevailed here at all

NONE !
At least he will be back for the finals......
Gallows humour. Always essential in times of crises.
He has just inadvertently saved Ratts his job
Yep, first rule of players getting suspended: re-ignite coaching speculation. Idiot... :roll:
The way this has been trial by media is a disgrace.
Seeing as the AFL are all about ratings and media numbers we should hit them where it counts.
Judd should excise himself from any media for the next 4 weeks.
We should turn up to the game this week with every player wearing the number 5 on their jumper and stand there like witches hats for 100 minutes. See how long before people turn off the TV in their droves. Show the AFL what we think of the way they are running the game.
I hope all of the players get on twitter tonight in a united front and serve it up to the AFL.
Free Nelson Mandela! Free Nelson Mandela! :lol:
Execution by media..............
what a joke. hope this goes to the courts - AFL gag the clubs, but they butt in on this case and declare the report as bringing the game into disrepute.
3 weeks too many.

I hope we appeal. Seriously. They want to play the game so let's play.

Intentional misconduct vs reckless.
I will be interested to see where the club stands on this. Juddy must be supported on this we owe him that much. Where's Jack when you need him?
Yep, that's exactly what that club needs: when a player is penalised for misconduct in football, get the king of footy misconduct back on his throne! Pig's ar$e!
I'm so pissed off right now......ffs. 4 weeks - 4 weeks. Unbelievable. Sorry people bloody disgraceful media hanging.
Deserved no more than 2 weeks... !@#$%& the ALF
Who bloody cares?!? The season is shot anyway.

Playing the victim s***s me no end and is a reflection of how far we have sunk.
More common sense from another Scum supporter, good to see. They really are an endangered species aren't they, the sensible Scum supporter?
Appeal: The Lawyers & the Silks will win again as usual
What Judd did was inexcusable. I really couldn't give a toss whether Judd got 1 or 8 weeks. Our fall from grace over the last 17 years has made me bitter. What riles me the most is that I have no faith in future decision making. How many more bad decisions will we make?

We have a second rate coach

We have amateurs running our club

We are a rudderless organisation

We are a mess

We still have supporters who believe that our injuries are the root cause of our problems

ENOUGH WITH THE EXCUSES, CHEST THUMPING AND DISTRACTIONS. WE ARE MEDIOCRE.
And MORE common sense from a Carlscum fan! Wow, have they put something new in the water down there? :lol:
No Retreat. No Surrender.
Yes, just a great pity you gormless sh-ts couldn't string that attitude together for 4 weeks this year. Beat Collingwood, woohoo, give us the flag now! :roll:
Even better - start the tank - now that we are good at right??????
flowering embarrasment.
Ssshh! Don't mention the war...

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Collingwood 4 eternity

:lol: :lol:

Lets hope that they serve him up some chicken wings at this years Brownlow medal dinner.

1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

LMFAO!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Collingwood 4 eternity

For the Carlscum thread

1990 Grand Final :
Jezza

Post by Jezza »