Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

woody-woody

Post by woody-woody »

Wren didn't live in Raheen - was arch-bishop Mannix wasn't it?
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

woody-woody wrote:Wren didn't live in Raheen - was arch-bishop Mannix wasn't it?
Indeed it was Mannix's house. Wren lived over the road I thought, maybe in that white house opposite? Definitely he moved up Studley Park Rd from the tanneries to Kew.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

On the eve of WW1 my grandfather rented a house from Wren in Turner Street, opposite the forward pocket at the Yarra Falls end. Wren was a generous man towards those living in poverty.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Cuthbert Collingwood

Post by Cuthbert Collingwood »

my whoops, he purchased Raheen and bequeathed it to the church for Mannix to live in. He did live up there as well, and would have taken tea there with the archbishop regularly
McRae for Governor-General!
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Wren was no angel, my mate's grandfather won some money on a horse at long odds and Wren didnt want to pay up, then Wren's thugs got involved. he never saw the money. stuff Wren he was a crook
Johnno75
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Here are some stats to throw and the scum fans on Friday night

- Carlscum have lost 6 of their last 7 games, Pies have lost 6 of their last 54.
- Last time Carlscum won 10 in a row was in 2000. Pies have achieved this feat twice in its past 27 games.
- Carlscum are on a 4 game losing streak. The last time Pies lost 4 in a row was in 2005.
- Carlscum have lost at least 4 games in a row 7 times (including losing 8 in 2006 and 11 in 2007) over the same period.
- In the past 10 years Carlscum have acquired some very high draft choices and Chris Judd on their way to a couple of spoons and 1 finals win
- In the past 10 year Pies have won 13 finals played in 5* grand finals and won a flag.

One team is shit and the other is on top of the ladder.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Joel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Joel »

Haha, nice post Johnno.
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

anyone got an account on talking carlton and not banned like me? Post johnno's post on there, that is quality!!!
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Wren was no angel, my mate's grandfather won some money on a horse at long odds and Wren didnt want to pay up, then Wren's thugs got involved. he never saw the money. stuff Wren he was a crook
You story may well be true.

I have a letter from Wren (landlord) to my Grandfather over me his unpaid rent when he lost his job. Wren wrote off the missed rent and then actually put money in the envelope for my Grandfather to help him out.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Joel
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Joel »

Edit: Wrong thread.
nulla

Post by nulla »

Get out the Champagne ... Gibbs has stated Ratten will be coaching the scum in 2013

yippeee
I have a lazy eye and I think it is now spreading throughout the rest of my body
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

Funny that Mick Malthouse will be in the studio of 3aw tomorrow in is regular Tuesday evening segment which is on just before the 7pm news , and the next guest live in the studio straight after the 7pm news will be the President of the filth , Stephen "Sticks" Kernahan.

Could this be the occasion that Mick hands Sticks his resume ?

And as the Pies are giving the stick to the Blues on Friday night , I wonder if channel seven will have a third "coaches camera" locked on Malthouse in the channel seven box , and who would they show more shots of Ratts or Mick ? Or Eddie :lol:
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
Jezza
Has liked: 237 times
Been liked: 328 times

Post by Jezza »

Couldn't resist this image I saw on Facebook. Fev's phone after the EJ Whitten Legends match. :lol: :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

hahahahahahaha
Johnno75
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Some quotes on this weeks game thread over at Talking Carltank...
maybe we will give up on the 3 ruck man experiment. If he plays, do yourself a favour and watch warnock closely. Lazy lazy football player, never imposes himself, and never provides a target, he is incapable of taking a mark or get the football. seems to match his work ethic off the field.
One ruck is playing KPF because we dont have anyone else to play that position. It really isnt a 3 ruck experiment.
Pies by 80pts against a Carlton reserve side.
Bower in to play on Dawes or Cloke. No other options except Thornton but Bower is in better form at this stage.
It will be ugly. Many fans will expect Mclean to beat Swann and Watson to beat Dawes and Hampson to kick 6 and Bootsma or Dale or someone to beat Wellingham and Collins to come in and beat Beamsor sidebottom and when they don't they will say its because we don't have any system but i can tell you right now it will be because the Collingwood guys are better players.
Pies were lazy and nowhere near peak last time. They gave us too much room to play our nancy boy outside footy. They have planned all along to peak for Sept, unlike last year when they went off too early. Filth are light years ahead of our amateur club, in every aspect you care to mention.
Watson will get Cloke
im making cloke my supercoach captain this week a very nice 450!!!
Spain scored 4 against Italy - we'll be lucky to kick 4 goals this Friday Night.
We are going to get bent over and flowered. They will use this game to impart a 100+ point humiliation on us for last time. It wouldn't matter if we had a full senior list PLUS the northern bullants on the field we would still get pumped.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.