Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by David »

mandy wrote:
Fire Up wrote:and it gets better! 2 players maybe 3 have been busted by afl for tweets about the game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Hours later they're STILL doing it?!?!?! Are they touched in the head?
Zach Tuohy ‏@zach2e
Pity afl players cant have an opinion on the game we play without being criticized... #gagged #goodtoknowwherewestand
Whether we agree on whether players should or shouldn't be allowed to tweet negatively about umpires/AFL, it is clearly a no-no. Is he living in a cave that he hasn't heard or read any of the backlash today? :?
I dunno... it's a fair point, and perhaps deeply ironic that he's also almost certainly going to be censured for it. Perhaps it's a cause that the AFLPA ought to consider taking up.

I don't think Demetriou's reasoning totally holds water. Criticising umpiring apparently jeopardises the intake of umpires, so why is criticising the tribunal thrown in the same category? Personally, I think it's a matter of power and control, pure and simple. Players (are permitted to, and do) dispute umpiring decisions on the field, so why not off? Journalists and fans do it, why not players?
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
mandy

Post by mandy »

I don't disagree David that players should be able to have public opinions, my point is more that at this stage at least, it's been made very clear it isn't allowed.

The fact the Carlton players are still pushing the rules hours after the AFL has said it's not acceptable though speaks more of the utter unprofessional and undisciplined culture they have at that club.

And as this is the laugh at Carlton thread, I find that aspect of it hilarious! :D
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
GML

Post by GML »

mandy wrote:
Fire Up wrote:and it gets better! 2 players maybe 3 have been busted by afl for tweets about the game.

Hours later they're STILL doing it?!?!?! Are they touched in the head?
Zach Tuohy ‏@zach2e
Pity afl players cant have an opinion on the game we play without being criticized... #gagged #goodtoknowwherewestand
Whether we agree on whether players should or shouldn't be allowed to tweet negatively about umpires/AFL, it is clearly a no-no. Is he living in a cave that he hasn't heard or read any of the backlash today? :?
Tuohy is a veteran of the game and well respected amongst all players in the league - he has every right to tweet his displeasure. His opinion is of high importance. Plus we are reminded every week of how he hates Collingwood - that will save him from any sanctions by the AFL.

Andrew D : Zach, I'm very disappointed with your comments.

Zach : But Andy, I hate Collingwood ad I don't even know why.

Andrew D : Sorry mate, how could I forget? As you were...
Side by Side
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Geek wrote:
frankiboy wrote:I love how their captain led from the front tonight. Dropped mark at a crucial stage when no one within 10 metres then moments later giving away a free kick deep in defence and subsequent 50 m penalty. Must do wonders for the confidence of his team mates :lol:
Don't be dissing on Juddy's leadership Franki.

I was reading this article after he crossed to Royal Parade and some of his team mates were saying about his leadership...

Like... They went to lunch after morning training and were tucking into lasagne and chips and Juddy was all like... "No man. You can't eat that stuff man."

Like... maybe he waved his hands at them like Obi Wan when he mind-tricked the stormtroopers on Tatooine. Ya know? Like... "These aren't the carbs your looking for, man" 'n shit.

And they were all like "Whoa man... Juddy's like... totes leadership stats 'n shit"

Of course, the next pre-season or so, they called off training one day on account of how it was raining and Bad Santa kicked C2 in the nuts.

You know... viewed through the right lens, Basil Fawlty had leadership too.

Give Juddy his dues though. At least he doesn't talk like a confused eunuch anymore. I think the move east has been really good for him.

Also: good to see the emu back. I think it adds weight to your posts.
love your work, Geek :)

Interesting that, I tend to look at the emu and take my posts less seriously :lol:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
frossmode

Post by frossmode »

David wrote:

Good on them, too. Dreadful umpiring at times last night. It's about time the AFL dealt with the problem of home-ground advantage in the free kick count.

That holding the ball free in the second quarter that gifted the Eagles a goal straight in front was one of the worst decisions I've seen. Disgraceful.
Um the title of the thread is laugh at carlscum not praise their players. Just incase you haven't notice we hate these pricks, join tanking carltank if you want to praise these knob jockeys.
HOT PIES
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 174 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

frankiboy wrote:
Geek wrote:
frankiboy wrote:I love how their captain led from the front tonight. Dropped mark at a crucial stage when no one within 10 metres then moments later giving away a free kick deep in defence and subsequent 50 m penalty. Must do wonders for the confidence of his team mates :lol:
Don't be dissing on Juddy's leadership Franki.

I was reading this article after he crossed to Royal Parade and some of his team mates were saying about his leadership...

Like... They went to lunch after morning training and were tucking into lasagne and chips and Juddy was all like... "No man. You can't eat that stuff man."

Like... maybe he waved his hands at them like Obi Wan when he mind-tricked the stormtroopers on Tatooine. Ya know? Like... "These aren't the carbs your looking for, man" 'n shit.

And they were all like "Whoa man... Juddy's like... totes leadership stats 'n shit"

Of course, the next pre-season or so, they called off training one day on account of how it was raining and Bad Santa kicked C2 in the nuts.

You know... viewed through the right lens, Basil Fawlty had leadership too.

Give Juddy his dues though. At least he doesn't talk like a confused eunuch anymore. I think the move east has been really good for him.

Also: good to see the emu back. I think it adds weight to your posts.
love your work, Geek :)

Interesting that, I tend to look at the emu and take my posts less seriously :lol:
It possibly speaks to the generally outstanding quality of your posts, Emuboy, that all we see when we look at those mad, staring eyes and completely ridiculous beak are unambiguous symbols of gravitas.
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

Pies4shaw wrote:
frankiboy wrote:love your work, Geek :)

It possibly speaks to the generally outstanding quality of your posts, Emuboy, that all we see when we look at those mad, staring eyes and completely ridiculous beak are unambiguous symbols of gravitas.
To me, the emu was thinking "And that's what I reckon" when they took his photo. Maybe he'd just finished a rant of his own and he's throwing a "Questions?" look at the photographer.
David

Post by David »

frossmode wrote:
David wrote:

Good on them, too. Dreadful umpiring at times last night. It's about time the AFL dealt with the problem of home-ground advantage in the free kick count.

That holding the ball free in the second quarter that gifted the Eagles a goal straight in front was one of the worst decisions I've seen. Disgraceful.
Um the title of the thread is laugh at carlscum not praise their players. Just incase you haven't notice we hate these pricks, join tanking carltank if you want to praise these knob jockeys.
Frossmode, we're all Collingwood supporters here, but if you told me it was raining I'd leave the umbrella at home. I'd rather enjoy a football game and decide on the level and extent of my own prejudices rather than have them shoved down my throat by some delinquent with a disproportionately cute avatar.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Go out and bag your employer publicly.
How long will you have a job for?

Free speach or as I call it liberalistic wankerism. Give me a break.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
David

Post by David »

Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Not a fan of the player tweet.
Slimply, during, or in the after mouth of a loss the player does not have his emotions under control.
And. The social networks seems to be viewed as the "truth" how will we recruit umpires in the future?
Time for a clause to be inserted in to player contracts.
Magpie Since 1986

Post by Magpie Since 1986 »

A lot of people getting ahead of themselves in this thread, not really looking at where the two teams are before laughing.

Do you guys realize we could lose our next four games in a row?

......and still be ahead of Carlton on the ladder :lol: :lol: :lol:
ClokingDevice

Post by ClokingDevice »

Magpie Since 1986 wrote:A lot of people getting ahead of themselves in this thread, not really looking at where the two teams are before laughing.

Do you guys realize we could lose our next four games in a row?

Wouldn't Carlton have to win a game in that scenario?.. can't see it
We will feast on their bones
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Funny stuff... another loss for the Blooze - their twit of a no name player twittering about the umps - Judd's pathetic game and crucial errors when the heat was on... and Ratten's head!
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

The sooner they tell players to not tweet the better. It will get to the stage where players will end up with death threats... oh sorry too late. Ridiculous and self aborbing bullshit medium with even less merit than facebook. You only have to look at what happened to the Suns boys in Thailand. One player tweets where they are and some hero gets a text message and stupidly takes on Campbell Brown.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.