Laugh at Carlscum thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Jezza wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:Judd was appalling tonight. He can't kick for shit.
I reckon he played his best football for West Coast during 2004-2006.
No. That's when Cox and Cousins were playing their best footy. Chris Spudd was just along for the ride. Much like Hall of Shame inductee Michael Toss.

For me they are the two most overrated players the game has seen since Steven Silvagni.

I am not saying they aren't/weren't good players, just that noone would even know who they were if they were in a perenial bottom eight team like Richmond or Melbourne.
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

frankiboy wrote:I love how their captain led from the front tonight. Dropped mark at a crucial stage when no one within 10 metres then moments later giving away a free kick deep in defence and subsequent 50 m penalty. Must do wonders for the confidence of his team mates :lol:
Don't be dissing on Juddy's leadership Franki.

I was reading this article after he crossed to Royal Parade and some of his team mates were saying about his leadership...

Like... They went to lunch after morning training and were tucking into lasagne and chips and Juddy was all like... "No man. You can't eat that stuff man."

Like... maybe he waved his hands at them like Obi Wan when he mind-tricked the stormtroopers on Tatooine. Ya know? Like... "These aren't the carbs your looking for, man" 'n shit.

And they were all like "Whoa man... Juddy's like... totes leadership stats 'n shit"

Of course, the next pre-season or so, they called off training one day on account of how it was raining and Bad Santa kicked C2 in the nuts.

You know... viewed through the right lens, Basil Fawlty had leadership too.

Give Juddy his dues though. At least he doesn't talk like a confused eunuch anymore. I think the move east has been really good for him.

Also: good to see the emu back. I think it adds weight to your posts.
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Geek wrote:
frankiboy wrote:I love how their captain led from the front tonight. Dropped mark at a crucial stage when no one within 10 metres then moments later giving away a free kick deep in defence and subsequent 50 m penalty. Must do wonders for the confidence of his team mates :lol:
Don't be dissing on Juddy's leadership Franki.

I was reading this article after he crossed to Royal Parade and some of his team mates were saying about his leadership...

Like... They went to lunch after morning training and were tucking into lasagne and chips and Juddy was all like... "No man. You can't eat that stuff man."

Like... maybe he waved his hands at them like Obi Wan when he mind-tricked the stormtroopers on Tatooine. Ya know? Like... "These aren't the carbs your looking for, man" 'n shit.

And they were all like "Whoa man... Juddy's like... totes leadership stats 'n shit"

Of course, the next pre-season or so, they called off training one day on account of how it was raining and Bad Santa kicked C2 in the nuts.

You know... viewed through the right lens, Basil Fawlty had leadership too.

Give Juddy his dues though. At least he doesn't talk like a confused eunuch anymore. I think the move east has been really good for him.

Also: good to see the emu back. I think it adds weight to your posts.
Click to like Geek's post
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Always love the pics of Judd after a game :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

MagpieBat wrote: Calling TankingCarlton, calling TankingCarlton... are you there? :lol:

Ratten is too friendly with the playing group, and I think the players see him more as a 'mate' than a head coach who would strike the fear of god into you if you didn't follow simple team ethic." (That's because Ratten is NOT A COACH! He is a glorified supporter!)
:lol: I've been saying that ever since Ratten was seen at the SCG toying with himself on the boundary line. Remember that? :lol:
Last edited by jack_spain on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

BEAMER09 wrote:Seriously, Rotten Ratten can't coach full stop.
Correct, both he and Michael Voss are the two muppets of the AFL coaching fraternity.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Ha ha ha Voldejudd 12 possessions while his direct opponent has 33 and then he goes and gives Wet toast the win by dropping a mark, giving away a free + 50m penalty. Still 3 Brownlow votes through
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

does brett ratten think he is sir alex ferguson or the special one jose mouriniho. AFL coaches coach from the box not the boundray line. Ratten is a cheer leader.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by Big T »

The Judd situation should be a lesson for all clubs.

Carlton will not seemingly win a flag now with Judd. More likely they would have been in a better position if they kept Kennedy and the top draft pick they gave up. The Giants also stuffed up with Scully, he will cause huge salary cap issues one would think and is clearly not worth the coin.

It ain't worth sacrificing too much coin for one player. Collingwood I am sure are aware of this. We are in the most difficult position of any club salary cap wise, arguably since it was first introduced, due to our midfield and the Cloke situation. Stand firm and lose players if need be, for the good of the list.

Carlton never learn, it's not the 70s or 80 s anymore.
Buon Giorno
ClokingDevice

Post by ClokingDevice »

Lovin this week already :)
We will feast on their bones
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

MagpieBat wrote:^ True, true.

We can keep laughing at them for the rest of the year now, I think. SURELY they are gone for the season?

Ratten will be getting rather nervous now, I would think... :twisted:
THEY may make the eight, but it wll be an overnight stay, out on their blue arses. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by neil »

Deja Vu wrote:I thought Ratten coached brilliantly from the boundary.

His encouragement and bumslaps were exactly what the players would be wanting as they run to the bench exhausted - nothing like getting touched up by a guy that looks like a primate.

Carlton should extend his contract for another 4 years
Underrated post!

The only thing is I think Ratten looks more rodent-like than primate.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

neil wrote:

His encouragement and bumslaps were exactly what the players would be wanting as they run to the bench exhausted - nothing like getting touched up by a guy that looks like a primate.

Underrated post!

He reminds me so much of these characters from Madagascar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

DIDNT Ratten play the banjo in the movie " Deliverance." ???!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

neil wrote:

Underrated post!

+1
I thought Deja Vu posted brilliantly