#22 Steele Sidebottom

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

Steele was great. Best on ground for mine.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

AN_Inkling wrote:He's amazing. Ever since he's come to the club his work rate has been absolutely top notch. You could just see this kid was going to make it right from the start (feel the same about McCarthy). The skills or physical attributes are nothing like as important as the guts and mental application. Lack of the former is why Sidebottom fell to us in the draft. But the latter... Sidebottom, and I feel McCarthy, have this in spades.

Well done Sidey. Today's performance was one to remember.
I think his got plenty of skills, and was the fastest player in one of the running tests (don't remember which one) last year (and probably this year).

And he would have had my 2 votes >.-
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" ~ Oscar Wilde
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

he's not a teenager.. he's a MAN OF STEELE!
Get back on top.
Aaron40

Post by Aaron40 »

Outstanding Effort
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Scotch wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:He's amazing. Ever since he's come to the club his work rate has been absolutely top notch. You could just see this kid was going to make it right from the start (feel the same about McCarthy). The skills or physical attributes are nothing like as important as the guts and mental application. Lack of the former is why Sidebottom fell to us in the draft. But the latter... Sidebottom, and I feel McCarthy, have this in spades.

I think his got plenty of skills, and was the fastest player in one of the running tests (don't remember which one) last year (and probably this year).

He certainly does. But is not the elite athlete, or have the elite skills of your usual top 10 draft pick. Not sure about his testing in draft camp, but his lack of top pace was a concern for many at the time. It was felt he was not quick enough to be an outside player, and possibly not strong or good enough in close to be an extractor. Everyone knew he could be a good average player, but were not certain he could be more.
Well done boys!
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

AN_Inkling wrote:
Scotch wrote:

He certainly does. But is not the elite athlete, or have the elite skills of your usual top 10 draft pick. Not sure about his testing in draft camp, but his lack of top pace was a concern for many at the time. It was felt he was not quick enough to be an outside player, and possibly not strong or good enough in close to be an extractor. Everyone knew he could be a good average player, but were not certain he could be more.
When he becomes the half-forward of the decade they'll be put in their place.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" ~ Oscar Wilde
PIES4LYF

Post by PIES4LYF »

Rusty was BRILLIANT and was really up there for the Norm Smith today, the fact that he is only 19 shows hes going to be a star :)
PIES IN 2015
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

I had Steele for the Norm, but pendles was a nice surprise. :)

Go the Pies
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Steele BOG for mine but Pendles did have 29 excellent possessions & 11 tackles.

Composed & smart. Steele played really well in two grandfinals in 7 days!!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

He had about 9 score assists as well.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

superstar.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

I think Steele did really well in the beep test (i.e endurance running) but did badly in the 20m and 50m sprints. Just goes to show that pace by foot is really overrated imo. How many players can outrun the ball? Steele will be a superstar of the comp. Not fast over a short distance, but he can kick, he can run all day and he's hard at it. Kind of fitting he has Tony Shaw's old number.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Sidebottom was my pick for the Norm Smith. Seriously, those journos only go for the names they know! :evil:

Pendelbury is a deserving winner, but honestly Daisy and Sidebottom were our best two players over the 8 grand final quarters.

Sidebottom shows why the club drafted him. He will be a leader at our club for years to come.
Robbo.D.yobbo

Post by Robbo.D.yobbo »

S.S

Next Captain???

Although, him.. Shawry.. Thomo.. Dawesy...

OMG HGSOIJUGHO

too many to pick from!!! SYSTEM OVERLOADDD!
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Mossi »