Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bury Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Peter Daicos, the Macedonian Marvel, not only gave the one-armed salute to Carlton fans but then slagged off the umpiring after the game. A true Collingwood legend.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-great-peter-daicos-steals-the-show-at-the-mcg/news-story/de0449feba91e74bbf55983390022d86
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:09 pm

think positive wrote:
Donny wrote:
Check out the seconds before Nick kicked the ball. Fantastic, how he skirted the pack. Very Happy
i was watching him before the ball up and I saw him get in position, almost like it was all planned, it was genius! He hasGOAT written all over him, and he’s such a decent human too!

And credit where credit is due, would not have happened without Harrison having the decision making prowess and ability to knock it in to Nick’s path.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:14 pm

Great win over the old foe
I thought we started a whole a lot better and came back well
I think it’s our best win this season
Like our pressure game and got nice transition work
For west coast out Shultz 1 match ban mccreey concussion protocols still out JDG Side managed
In McRae he can play as on ballet type Mitchell back playing as centre McInness play as sub
I think JDG will be back for crows along with Shultz and mccreery
This match should be at the MCG to be honest not too sure on even why’s it’s at marvel should relocate the game
Early tip Collingwood by 24 points
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:15 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

After the game ended I needed some quiet time. So went to my cellar grabbed a bottle of Henschke Hill of Grace 2006 walked out to the wife and said interested in a sip ? She said oh yes. So we hopped on a quad bike (me at the wheel her protecting the precious cargo) and headed down to the river bank. I let the fire pit and we sat in the quiet sipping the fine offerings from Henschke watching the stars.
I’m sure in those moments I saw god with a Collingwood beanie on singing Good ole Collingwood forever (I may have already had a couple too many chivas regal on ice to be sure)

Pure poetry.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:32 pm

The AFL site needs to be better than this: "defender Brayden Maynard has escaped suspension for his dangerous tackle on Matt Owies."

In fact, he "escaped suspension" because it wasn't a dangerous tackle. Defamatory garbage from them. Watching the replay, I was bewildered that a free kick was paid - plainly, Owies went to ground and took Maynard with him. That, as it happens, is more or less how the MRO saw it: 'Maynard didn't sling, drive or rotate the Blues forward into the ground with excessive force as Owies "both leans forward in the tackle and raises his right arm, leading to Maynard falling with and on top of" him.' Ie, no suspension because no dangerous tackle. It would have been fairer to say that Owies collapsed to the ground playing for the free - but they were never going to make a finding that so obviously identified that the maggot should not have awarded him the kick.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:08 pm

^^The Club needs to bring this up and in saying that the site is run by children these days.

Last edited by Culprit on Sat May 04, 2024 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:12 pm

dalyc wrote:
It took me a few watches to identify the player but great tap forward from Harrison to Daicos. I’m hoping he saw the opportunity rather just basing it forward in hope.

It doesn’t matter. It was what he was trained to do. And he did it.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:23 pm

" WE stuck it right up em" !!!! _ Ted Whitten.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
" WE stuck it right up em" !!!! _ Ted Whitten.

Exactly Piesnchess. And how bloody great was Peter Daicos giving it to the scum after the game 😝 What a bloody legend! It is so good to bask in the glory of a win over the scum today watching the replay a few times 😁

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:57 pm

A not that interesting fact from last night - 3 former Freo players running around last night, Schultz pick #57 in the 2018 draft, Acres pick #19 in 2013 draft, and Cerra pick #5 in the 2017 draft.
CPtechno12 

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 10:07 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
The scenes in the Blues Radio box after the siren were just as good.
Maher: "I feel sick."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 10:56 pm
Post subject: Fly's presserReply with quote

Fly makes an opening statement:
Quote:
"Do you mind if I start by talking about the coming together before the game. AFL initiative and an important message. Enough is enough. I'm not here to change the world. I understand my position is to coach the footy team, but I'll do everything in our power at the Collingwood Football Club to make sure that our men represent us well and the community well, and it's a community message and I just want to play our part. Enough's enough".

Well said. To the game, Nick's ability to burst from stoppage and win you the match?
Quote:
"What a player. I was lucky enough just to watch it on the phone just before. Jeez, a little important tap on from Harvey Harrison. He looks [like] an AFL player. We've seen that for a while now. That late in the game to be running with that intensity; if you watch it and you track him how hard he's working and then the finish. Wow, what an exceptional talent".

Can I ask you about what you said at the start. Do you think football needs to do more than this symbolic gesture concerning violence against women?
Quote:
"It's all actions isn't it?

So what can you do in a practical sense?
Quote:
"All we can do at Collingwood is role model. I often talk about being a great father, being a great husband and giving to the community and representing us well, but also yourself. We talk about winning on the scoreboard and that's important, it really is. I'm not here to be a spokesperson. I'm not into politics. I'm into role modelling and making our young men proud young men. Winning on the scoreboard is one thing, but winning at all levels is really important for the Collingwood Football Club".

You mentioned Harvey Harrison earlier and Sullivan and others stepped up with winning the clearance battle despite missing De Goey and Mitchell. You must be so proud of that?
Quote:
"Rapt. Hayden Skipworth has done an incredible job. We had a plan going in. We knew we had enormous threats in there last week. It wasn't at a level we were happy with; got to work on that. He had a great plan for all of us. We had a couple of guys doing jobs on individuals in there. [Sam] Walsh is a great player. He got away from us. Jeez, they look so threatening around that part of the game. It's only small margins, we kicked a goal with a minute to go, but ultimately there's a lot of those things you know contribute to us getting the result in the end".

Have you seen a mature age debutant like Lachie Sullivan handle the occasion the way he did with his performance and kicking a goal on debut?
Quote:
"It was great to have his family in. We had them in the club yesterday and his girlfriend. He's had to wait a long time for this and there's something to be said for those that have some patience to wait and the resilience. He's been looking like an AFL player for weeks. We've seen that and he gets an opportunity. First kick, he kicks a goal that just gives such energy to all of us. The whole group just rises and connects. There's a lot to be said for that and he's an important message for some. When things don't go your way, just keep going and you never know and hopefully that inspires some others in the state leagues".

Do you have an issue with your starts after slow starts against Port and Essendon, and again tonight?
Quote:
"I thought it was my best pre-game presentation yet, that's the feedback I got so it shows it doesn't matter. I thought we started okay. I think we kicked the first goal didn't we? When you say "start", what do you mean? The longevity of the first quarter?"

Yes, the first quarter?
Quote:
"Yeah, we know we're not finished. You're playing against some really good opposition and you lose territory and they're big guys. Serious weapons upfront. If you lose territory and lose contests and it's played in your half. They're [Carlton] one of the best teams in the competition for a reason. We've played Port, and then Essendon and now Carlton. Maybe it's a reflection of the teams we're playing more than us. We'll wait and see".

Your pressure rating was 192 in the second quarter. Do you feel all the positives and everything you're trying to do revolves around exerting strong pressure?
Quote:
"It's a key indicator of success for us. I think most teams know that. I was just chatting to Vossy after the game and he goes 'your pressure was really good'. +31 tackles is a big number. We're not here to go back in time and go 'oh we want to play like we did last year', that's not us. That's done. We want to be better. We weren't getting +31 tackles last year. That's a better version of us. It's hard to stop".

Do you feel you're a better defensive team this year than last year?
Quote:
"No, I'm not saying that. We've got work to do on that, but our pressure is better. It might not equate to #1 pressure team in the comp yet. +31 tackles is hard to play against isn't it?"

When you talk about Lachie Sullivan and the energy he gives you, but what does a result like tonight give you? Can it be a springboard for your season?
Quote:
"Yeah, that's a nourishing win. A couple of weeks ago I said 'you don't get style points, you only get 4 points'. We had a bit of style to it tonight. I felt there was some things in our game that sort of expressed themselves. We looked really well connected at times. It's not a perfect game. A minute to go when scores are level, but we're not aiming for that. I think that's a nourishing win. That's a deeper win than potentially we've had this year".

Was there a part of you thinking you were heading for a second consecutive draw?
Quote:
"Yeah, there was. There was 'oh, not two weeks in a row'. I think this week in particular, the domination of inside 50s was different, like 61 to 30 or whatever it was, so domination of territory would suggest that we probably should have executed better and had the scoreboard margin a bit more, particularly in the third quarter. I thought for 10-15 minutes it was down our end and we just couldn't execute, so if it was a draw it would probably would have had a bit more of a sour taste in the mouth. I thought we, not for all parts, but for parts of the game we were the better team".

What about that last five minutes with arguably the two best sides of winning close games, did you wonder who was best at controlling the footy in the last five minutes?
Quote:
"I thought we made, and I can't comment on Carlton for what they thought they did execute or didn't, but I thought we made a lot of good decisions late in the game. We were composed where we needed to be. Managed those moments which has been a hallmark of us in previous times. It's nice to think that we're well connected when we need to be".

There were a lot of individual goal kickers (12 goals overall) from your team tonight. That must be very pleasing?
Quote:
"Yeah, we'll find a way to score at the moment. We sort of don't rely on maybe two or three to kick multiple goals for us. They're Collingwood goals, and we don't really care who kicks them. I think a couple of weeks ago we kicked 17 goals, 21 [behinds] with Will Hoskin-Elliott as a key [forward]. We find a way to score. I thought parts of our game we rush back inside 50, so we've got some work to do on that once we turn the ball over, but we're finding a way to score".

On Nick Daicos, he's obviously achieved an incredible amount already in a short period of time, what do you think a moment like tonight does for him?
Quote:
"Nick when he plays like that is one of the best players in the competition. Everyone can see that. He was hard to stop tonight, and he's covering the ground. We've been playing him across half back. Jordy's out and 'go and do your work Nick'. I was really really happy with his defensive side of the game. His pressure was as good as I'd seen him since he's been playing with us. Funnily enough, the other parts of his game really expressed himself on the back of good defence. Really pleased for that part in particular".

Is it just concussion for Beau McCreery or are you concerned about his jaw and cheekbone?
Quote:
"No, he'll be in the protocol so that's 12 days if all is going to plan. He won't play next week".

Is there any update on Jordan De Goey compared to what you told us earlier in the week?
Quote:
"No, [from the] last [time] I spoke to the doctors. I'll get an update over the weekend. I would have thought he was unlikely to play next week too. That's probably expressed itself late in the week. Tom Mitchell might be a different story. We'll wait and see on that one".

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1544859/what-a-player-mcrae?videoId=1544859&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1714788576001

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:57 am

CPtechno12 wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Maher: "It's all over."He kicks an unbelievable goal."
Christou: "Of all players."You're kidding me! Come on.
"Great reader of the ball, great reader of the game.
Maher: This is going to be a real bitter pill to swallow."A really, really tough loss.
"It's (the Collingwood chant) the worst sound in footy."

The scenes in the Blues Radio box after the siren were just as good.

Maher: "I feel sick."
Christou: "Did they deserve it though? Probably."
Koutoufides: "Do we have to listen to this (the Collingwood theme song)?"
Edmund: "Can we turn it down Andy?"
Maher: "Can we go home?"
Koutoufides: "Please."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NINE OUT OF TEN RECENT DEFEATS.V THE MAGPIES, SO, FAARRRK OFF YA BLUEBELLIE WHINGEING BASTARDS, CRY ME A FARKING RIVER. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 7:52 am

I’m always impressed how McRae addresses the media
He very strategic when speaking to them quite clever really.
His theme is constant he’s all about the team but does make time to highlight individual performances as required.
For those who saw if did you see the reaction of Nick and fly on the bench when Sullivan kicked his first goal with his first touch ?
The celebration was real it wasn’t a rehearsed response
It showed a coach who revels in his players moments and isn’t afraid to publicly share that.
His approach to always coaching from the bench so he can speak individually speak to players and his mannerisms when things aren’t going our way in important too.
He doesn’t show panic he isn’t slamming phones down and screaming at windows. He is calmly pointing to areas or situations in the ground and talking directly to the player while putting an arm around them at the same time.
Don’t underestimate how important this approach is to the players especially the younger or more inexperienced players.
Also when things aren’t going well you’ll see he often brings Pendles and Moore to the bench who will speak to a assistant upstairs then to fly then have a quick drink and be back on the field.
He intrusts his captain and most experienced player to fix things on the run until we get to a break so he can address the entire group.
I tip my hat to him
think better 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:19 am

Thanks Jezza for the usual Presser - it is greatly appreciated. Funny but seeing the words written down seems quite different to listening to it live.

Great words about Sullivan and Harrison. Very encouraging to see a couple of newbies doing so well. Naicos just leaves everyone in awe.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9   

Jump to: