Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bury Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Great observations, Qld. Fly is definitely the prime representative of modern coaching methods.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:40 am

Went to the game, on my birthday. Best present. Ever! Very Happy

I $£$%^%%$ love this football club!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:24 am

Hmmm no love for Oleg? I thought he was serviceable, kept his man quiet and got forward a few times.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:00 pm

I recall him streaming through the middle and then landing a precision kick into Schulz's outstretched arms just before half-time. For that alone, I'd be happy to twirl his moustache.
However, he's usually competing with Noble for a spot and Noble had a very good night.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:20 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:

However, he's usually competing with Noble for a spot and Noble had a very good night.

And also perhaps competing with Quaynor who did not (again).

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:28 pm

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:

I $�$%^%%$ love this football club!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Happy Birthday Frankie, we all got to share your present. Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:26 pm

Good insights into Fly's coaching attributes QM67. I'd just add that we seem to have a fantastic coaching and fitness panel; seemingly the best in the comp and the best we've ever had.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 pm

think positive wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
^

Saw some get kicked out by the cops, the cheer squad waved them off! Was that them?

No, I was a few bays over from the CS.

I'm glad that guy left. But at the same time he escaped getting what he deserved at the final siren.

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:23 pm

Watching the replay again with the Macrae glass of red (there may have been a few glasses), a few observations:

- Bobby is going to cut loose soon and kick 5
- HH is the real deal
- the umpiring was a disgrace. Watch 11 mins to go the last quarter, Shultz gets his head ripped off, nothing.
- the one week for Schultz is outrageous. The Carlton knob walks him, he wacks back at the top of the neck because he’s lunging - it’s a free and move on.
- Carlton are front runners.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:31 pm

Nearly wrote:
think positive wrote:
Donny wrote:
Check out the seconds before Nick kicked the ball. Fantastic, how he skirted the pack. Very Happy
i was watching him before the ball up and I saw him get in position, almost like it was all planned, it was genius! He hasGOAT written all over him, and he’s such a decent human too!

And credit where credit is due, would not have happened without Harrison having the decision making prowess and ability to knock it in to Nick’s path.

Evening all, watch the tail end of the previous contest. Naicos is talking to Double H and pointing to something. It's almost like he planned this and it came off!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:36 pm

They had 23 players out there thru the entire game and absolutely each player did something towards the win
And to see the future when no Pendles or Sidey etc are playing we saw Sullivan and Harrison do crucial pieces of play directly aimed at better outcomes

That as well as the win was so satisfying

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:43 pm

Disappointing that Owies wasn't fined for staging, or at least called out for faking it.

Schultz retaliated and got caught. Unless Eddie Betts is his mentor, I'm guessing we're in the Chris Scott camp lamenting the offensive nature of the AFL MRO and Tribunal. What are we going to do about it?

Assuming nothing comes of it because we used up our good luck card on Maynard last September, I'd prefer to see Double HH, Sullivan and Markov stay in the team but wondering who we'd bring in. We're playing the eagles at Marvel. Small ground. Tackling pressure will be important.

Is Mitchell fit to come back in? Double HH or Sullivan would need to role play forward to replace Schultz. I'd rather rest Mitchell another week TBH to rest up his sore feet so he can be more ready the week after on the G against the vengeful crows.

Is the replacement order then McInnes, Macrae and Bytel next in line?

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:56 pm

^^^
Also that knee to the temple that Beau received was a really solid hit. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes longer than the 10 days to be fully right after that one.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 7:33 pm

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:

I $�$%^%%$ love this football club!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That's awesome! Happy Birthday! Very Happy

Rex 

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

[quote="Presti35"]
Sorry to read about your mates experience with those obnoxious Carlton supporters Presti. Personally I’d have sent the SMS and had them removed.
In the MCC members for the 2000 prelim. with an Essendon mate. Two rows in front was a drunk Carlton supporter who went back and forwards to the bar, getting more and more pissed and more obnoxious. Everyone trying to watch the game was irritated with him. Third quarter he eventually stumbled and sprawled over a woman. Her partner snotted him. The bloodied Carlton bloke left, then returned with security and MCC staff. He pointed to the bloke who hit him and security beckoned. Red rag to a bull: we and rows of people around us stood up and pointed to the Carlton bloke and said exactly what we thought of him. MCC bloke looked at all of us, then looked at Carlton and then held out his hand and demanded Carlton’s membership card. He then handed him over to security as we cheered and clapped.
The only downside was that that he didn’t get to ‘enjoy’ Carlton being thrashed.
I’m all for passionate vocal supporting but spitting and wasting donuts is not on.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: